Friday, July 7, 2017

And the Hits Keep Coming

Lake Morriane

At the end of the day yesterday, we thought it would be hard to beat. Enter Lake Morriane. Maybe it's the even more intense, turquoise water, maybe it was the vantage point from up on the rock pile--Tim and I both think this may be the highlight of our trip as far as naturally beauty is concerned. This just might be the prettiest place on earth. It's got me thinking about perspective. I'm not sure there's a bad place from which to view this lake, but when you're standing in just the right place...oh man.

Like right now...I'm typing to you sitting at a desk, looking at this:




I've written laying across a bed, from a couch, a little in the car if there were miles of endless plains, but I'm not sure I've ever written from a place as beautiful as this. This is my physical perspective. I can't really change it. But how we see things? That we can change. :)

More vacationing, less waxing...I'm on it...

From Lake Morriane, we drove a little further north on the Ice Fields Parkway to Peyto Lake. This was another absolutely gorgeous lake fed by the Bow Glacier.

Peyto glacier on the left, Peyto creek feeding Peyto Lake in the center, mountains as far as you can see to the right


We passed several turn offs for more viewing, but caught them on the way back down to Lake Louise.

Bow glacier feeding Bow lake

the view is most excellent, but I just shot some video for the sound of the running water

The last stop we made on the Ice Fields Parkway was Crowfoot Glacier. Can you tell why they call it that?


After our afternoon road trip, we settled in to the Lake Louise Chateau to relax, write a little, snooze a little, and enjoy the view from our room:


After a good bit of relaxing, we ate.

 scallops

steelhead crudo

filet and butter poached shrimp


bison (cheek)


chocolate cake with cassis sorbet and almond cream

From Lake Louise, we say goodnight!

This is 10:40 at night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Amy, I can't get over the spectacular turquoise color of the water! My cousins did this trip several years ago and the photos were just as beautiful. I can only imagine how breathtaking it is to actually be there. I'm so enjoying following your adventures. It is such a gift to those of us stuck in the heat and humidity of the Midwest! 😊