Friday, July 7, 2017

Best Yet and Lousy Internet--July 6--REVISITED

Mountains, lakes, a waterfall, and a short hike straight up a hill--this day was the best yet. The internet connection is super slow last night, so I'm not able to post pictures. In fact, if this posted, I got lucky. I'm posting from my phone, not computer.  I'll fill in a little more this evening.

Updated July 6, Day Five

Goodbye city of Banff!




Hello Lake Louise!



I can't begin to explain the beauty of this place. The water is...Tim just named it...glacier teal while the sky is a deep blue. I've read a little about why this is, but would not do it justice--it has to do with a colloidal dispersion and refraction--that's all the science I have. The water is opaque, but the color is brilliant.

As we walked around the lake, we ended up doing a short, straight uphill hike up to Mirror Lake. The lake was pretty, but nothing like Lake Louise. After the hike,we ate sushi and beef tataki for lunch--the sushi was good, the tataki was just okay.




After lunch, scooted out of Banff National Park and into Yoho National Park. Our first stop was Emerald Lake:



The water was more green than at Lake Louise, hence the name Emerald Lake. We didn't stay long there, as we also wanted to we Takakkaw Falls:




That's Tim standing at the base getting really wet! 



After the falls, we ate at The Station in the village of Lake Louise. I had duck, Tim had a bison burger. Both were tasty. I forgot and only took a picture of the mushroom soup and the chocolate cake for dessert. :)







No comments: