Friday, June 24, 2016

Leaning Towers and a Town of Towers

June 22--day 15

It's Friday, and I'm trying to go back to Wednesday. When traveling in the states on our own time, if I needed to slow down, sleep in, write late, whatever the case may be...I could. When you're on someone else's time table, it's much easier to be overwhelmed by it all. I'm not a detail oriented person. It's more about the experience for me. But I will say, so much has been jammed into 17 days that it's been hard to soak it all in. I definitely feel like we've gotten the Italian experience, but the subtleties of each place have been lost. Dina did a phenomenal job of explaining the differences and helping us recognize them, and she also acknowledged that we have a lot to take in. I feel like I could walk into an "Italian Quik-Trip" and buy whatever I needed, be it a cappuccino, panino, pasta dish, or any other assorted treat.

I can remember Pisa, but almost need to do so through pictures...


pusing over the tower


San Gimignano is a  small medieval hill town in Tuscany with classic Tuscan views. After going up to a great lookout point, we came back to the town and ate wild boar sausage and other assorted salumi and cheese and of course, gelato.






That's all for Wednesday!

No comments: