Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sequoias

From the Mojave Desert (Valley of Fire) to the western slopes of the Sierra Nevadas, the landscape has changed dramatically.

You have to look closely. I mean really closely. Closer. The tree in the center, in the center of the burned section, there are two people standing. THAT'S how big some of these trees are!

If you haven't watched the video on Facebook of Tim standing at the base of a tree and me walking toward him, you should. It only comes close to showing the size of the Sequoias in Sequoia National Park.















We ended the evening in Santa Cruz and ate dinner at the end of the pier. I got suckered into the destination, but the food was average.



2 comments:

Candy Martin said...

What an amazing God we have to create such beautiful trees. You guys are having a wonderful trip! I’m enjoying all your photos! Keep making sweet memories together!

Kennon Cox said...

The Sequoias are one of my favorites!